Monday, July 15, 2013

To my Luna

My dear sweet Luna,




You were my best friend, my baby, my red girl, my copilot, my old lady.  I'm still so sad and confused by everything that happened yesterday.  I don't think I'll ever get over it.




We took you to go swimming because you are a fish and you were meant to swim.  We were swimming for only about an hour, you've done much more than that in the past.  But when I came back from the jet ski ride you knew something wasn't right.  You hid from me which was very unlike you.... and then I don't know what happened.  You had a seizure or a stroke or something terrible happened to you. Something that you didn't deserve.  And within about 15 minutes you were gone.  Left us to be with God.



I know it's selfish but I want you back here with me.  We had you in our family for only about two years and it wasn't enough time.  I always thought to myself that since you were already about 5 or 6 when we got you, that even if you lived to be 13 that it wouldn't be enough time for me.  I couldn't imagine my life without you and now that is my reality.  I just don't know how to go on without you.



Your sisters miss you.  They keep looking for you.  Especially during dinner because you would always lick each others bowls, and now yours isn't there anymore.  I was holding your collar and Stella heard your jingles and went to find you.  Marley was walking around the house looking for you too.



Our family is no longer complete.  We are missing the glue.  And not only us but everyone you met in your short time with us misses you.  Grams even said you are the perfect pet and we all know Grams isn't much of a dog person, but that never seemed to bother you.  Oma and Opa and Auntie Sara all loved you the most and are all grieving your loss.  And all of the rest of your friends miss you... Starla, Jake, Penny, Maddie, Jett, Grandpa Jeff, Grandma Kris and many, many more...




I was so proud to be your "owner" but really your Momma.  You were a Momma to so many puppies and you deserved to be babied too.  I would have babied you forever if God would have let me.  How will we ever move on?  How will we move from our home, the only home you had ever known?



I will miss your big bug eyes.  I will miss your dancing.  I will miss your snoring.  I will miss your big ole' kisses.  I will miss your excitement over a squeaker.  I will miss how when you ran, you hopped like a bunny.  I will miss you scratching at me so I will let you sit on my lap.  I will miss our walks to the mailbox.  I will miss snuggling with you.  I will miss watching you swim.  Most of all, I will miss your unconditional love for me, cause I know I definitely had that for you.



I know Lil Grams is so happy to have you there with her.  I know she will take care of you, and take you for walks and watch you swim.  Maybe you can make friends with little Winston too.



Please know how much we love you and how much you meant to us.  You touched so many lives and we will forever miss you.



I love you my dear sweet Luna.  My Luna Tuna.  My LuLu.

No comments:

Post a Comment