Wednesday, October 9, 2013

life lately...

Things have been great lately! 

First off, I quit my job at Walmart.  And actually my last day was on my three year anniversary.  There were many reasons why I quit that job.  Mostly because I didn't enjoy it anymore and we had too much stuff going on at home, it just made more sense for me to stay home.  But the thing is that unfortunately some people who don't know me too well are judging the fact that I'm staying home, but it's no one's right to judge.  They don't live my life, so they shouldn't worry about it. 

Second, we are so busy with house planning now!  Perfect time to not have to go to work because I have been REALLY busy making decisions for the house.  The house is coming along pretty quickly now and I am so excited about it.  At least right now I can kind of see an end in sight.  The whole structure of the house is up, and all the walls on the inside are up.  The rough plumbing and HVAC are done.  The rest of this week will be dedicated to electrical, which I have a meeting with my electrician on Thursday. ;)  Even though he is my husband and even though he will live in the house too, we still had to set up a meeting to make sure that he understands everything I was thinking of for the house too.

Third, we are currently fostering a new dog!  We ended up doing this sooner than I thought we would want to, but she has been a real joy.  Her name she came with was Missy but we changed it to Remi because we are considering making her a part of our family permanently. She has some difficulties which we have been trying to work on and work with, but hopefully she will be like brand new soon!

Lastly, we are working on our foster/adoption right now.  We have to get licensed as foster parents, and the date for the license to go through is January 3rd!  That is not very far away so we are planning like crazy!  We have a lot of paperwork to get through, and some stuff we need to get together for our new child.  We are so excited about it!  It's kind of a different process and a lot of things we are unsure of, but we know that we will be bettering the child's life and our lives by taking this journey and we are very much looking forward to meeting our future child hopefully soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment