Monday, February 10, 2014

organizing my nail polish obsession

i have been wearing nail polish for as long as i can remember.  i love it and wear it every day.

over the past couple of years, my collection has grown a lot and i was running out of room in the previous storage solution i had...


it couldn't even contain it all!

i went on a hunt at Target to find the perfect storage solution.  i had Starla helping out and she found this container...


typically it looks like it is used for crafts, but this was perfect!


on the bottom, i put my cotton balls, nail polish remover, and tools.


on the top, i put all my nail polish and arranged it by color and types, and my files.


after using this a few times, i realized that it was easier to arrange it with the nail polish on the bottom and my remover and such on the top.  this is because i can leave the nail polish part of the container on the shelf in my bathroom cabinet, and just remove the top to carry with me.

the reason i chose this solution is because i wanted a container i could move around.  i always do my nails while i'm watching TV, sometimes in the kitchen, the living room, or our bedroom.  i saw a million different great ideas on pinterest, but none of them worked for me.

eventually i would like to add some dividers, so things stay separated.  i already have the nail polish separated by color, but would love them all divided out.

No comments:

Post a Comment