Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday

1.  We closed on our house this week!!  So happy to have that all done and behind us.  Now we will get our last check and finish paying all the workers, and maybe even have a little left over.  Yay!



2.  Got to hang out a bit with Starla and Aron.  Me and Starla even had a lunch date at Chili's.  Yummy!

She totally spoils Marley


3.  Went out to lunch with Grams yesterday, which was a blast!  We went to a little diner in her town called the Lumber Inn.  I had the fish sandwich and she had a beef sandwich.  It was really good!



4.  On the way to her house there were cops EVERYWHERE!  And then I noticed on my way to Trader Joe's there was even more cops.  Called my Grams and she turned on the news to hear that Mr. President was in Waukesha, down the street from our old house at GE.  After leaving Trader Joe's I was headed home and realized that no one was driving on the other side on the freeway.  I went to get off the freeway and got stuck in traffic right next to the freeway.  Next thing you know, a million cops, and the President's Suburbans all come rolling down the freeway.  Kinda cool to see!  (And no I didn't get any pics, because I was on the phone with my mom complaining about being stuck in traffic.  Ha!)  But it looked like this...


5.  I'm not a big crafter or DIY'er but I saw arm knitting on a blog somewhere and decided I wanted to try it.  I found a tutorial on YouTube and spent 2 hours last night on it.  It turned out AMAZING!




Here's the video:




6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness…you seriously arm-knitted that cowl-infinity-scarf? can you take a more detailed picture? it deserves a post of it's own! i looks so cute! found you via the linkup. new reader! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, arm knitting is surprisingly easy! I can share more pics in a future post. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Just stopping over from the link up! That scarf is AWESOME! I'm definitely going to have go try arm knitting! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You should definitely give arm knitting a try, it's really easy!

      Delete
  3. That scarf is super cute--and that's an interesting concept--arms instead of knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it turned out pretty good, hoping the next one is even better (I'm making one as a gift). I was a little worried about the fact that I would have to use my arms as needles, because if I needed to do anything else, I pretty much couldn't. It only took about 2 hours, though, so I just did it while watching TV (and got my husband to help a bit ;) )

      Delete