Thursday, January 2, 2014

holidays

Things were so hectic for us the last couple of weeks, but we have been having A LOT of fun!

After being sick for THREE days (!), I finally was able to get up enough to get the house ready for Christmas.  We thought it would be really special to have the family over for Christmas, and it was a great time.  It was definitely hard getting the house ready for it, but I'm so glad we made it happen!

We had a wonderful Christmas! 

We went to church on Monday night with my mom.  This was the first Christmas service we had been to at our new church and we really enjoyed it.  I thought the message was great, not just like a traditional Christmas service. 

We went to my mom's and Mark's mom's on Christmas eve.  We opened lots of gifts and spent some quality time with the families.  At my mom's, we had a good time playing Farkle, eating and opening some gifts.  We were able to spend a little time with my sister and her family before we headed to Mark's mom's.  We were able to eat dinner with them, and then we spent time opening gifts.  It's always fun spending time with our niece and nephew.  The baby, Eva, doesn't like me very much yet (haha) but Greyson always has fun playing with us. 




Than on Christmas day, my family came to our home to celebrate.  This was the first time we had a party at our house (after living here for a week) and our first time cooking lunch for Christmas too!  Mark made ham, and I made some sides.  Luckily mom helped out and brought some things to eat too.  It took the pressure off of us a bit.  We spent the day playing games, hanging out with the newest member of the family, Abe (my sister's tiny puppy), and eating!  It was a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment