Monday, October 21, 2013

relaxing weekend

This weekend was pretty mellow, compared to what we are used to!  On Friday, Mark got me some VERY pretty flowers (normally I'm not a huge fan of getting flowers) and a card for Sweetest Day (a day early).  It was so sweet of him :)

Saturday, we got up in the morning and when I went to make my cup of tea I realized that my fake Keurig had broken :(  Sad story!  So I had told Mark that if it ever broke I was going to get the real deal.  And that's exactly what I did!  Once I got it home and working, we had fun trying some of the variety pack (although neither of us actually drink coffee! Ha!).  I think Mark ended up liking as much as me!

Happy Sweetest Day to me!

Saturday night we did puppy play date with Jake and Penny (and of course Jett and Maddie too).  We had pizza for dinner, and I made some pumpkin bars too.  It was my first time making them, they were less sugar than usual, and they turned out amazing!  We took a nice walk in the beautiful fall weather (even though it was a little chilly) and the dogs really enjoyed it.  They looked so adorable in their fall sweaters :)

Sunday we went to church in the morning and then I went to an eye exam while Mark went to work on the house.  It was nice to visit with my friends (old coworkers).  And then I went to see how the house was doing.  Mark is working on the rough-in electrical.  The plumbing was already OK'd by inspection.  We need to get the doors installed so Mark can finish the electrical (don't want all the wires stolen).  And one wall still needs to get moved.  As soon as that's all done, the drywall can go up!  I can't wait for that!! It'll really look like a place we can live in then.  Hopefully only about a week or two before that happens.  In the meantime, the siding will be going up sometime this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment