Wednesday, October 30, 2013

lighting fixtures

I used pinterest for a lot of my inspiration for the new house.  This was a HUGE help for me when picking out lighting fixtures.  My husband, being the electrician, wanted to know exactly what lighting fixtures I wanted, and I had no idea.  So I headed to my pinterest boards to get inspiration, and then headed to the stores to start looking.  Here are some of my favorites...


 I LOVE the look of the black door and the pendant.  I already have my door but it still has to be painted and after a lot of looking I found the perfect light.  I wanted a square one like in the picture but was having a really hard time finding one.

my door
I wanted a door that would let a lot of light in, because there isn't a ton of light from the front of the house.  When the painter comes in, he will be painting the door black!  So excited for that!


I have always loved chandeliers.  My mom has a really pretty one hanging over her dining room table, so I wanted a chandelier for my dining room as well.  I wanted something like in the picture, but more simple because I have very simple taste.



And this is my absolute favorite.  I know these are all the rage right now and I'm not ashamed to say I followed this trend.  I probably wouldn't have, because these lights are very EXPENSIVE.  But, the lighting store close to home had a 50% off sale on everything in their store for the month of October.  I am so happy I jumped on this.  Can't wait to see my orb light hanging in my office.

 Yesterday I went and picked up two of the lighting fixtures for the new house!

My chandelier, which you can sort of see on top and the orb on the bottom.  I really wanted the orb in the picture above but it was WAY too expensive.  Instead, I found another one that was really beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment