Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ovarian Cancer 5K walk/run

About a month ago, we participated in a 5K walk for Ovarian Cancer.  My step mom just recently went into remission after having ovarian cancer for about a year.  We were so excited to be able to donate and participate in the walk!  It was awesome how many people came out to support her and the fight against ovarian cancer.  This was only the second year for the walk and they said that there were a lot more people this year than last.  We plan on participating in this every year.



Kaylin (my step sister), Aunt Sandy's bf, Aunt Sandy, and my dad


most handsome guy I know ;)


Dad, me (don't mind my ugly hair), and Mary Lu (my step mom)
This day was also SUPER exciting for us because we got to meet our niece, Audrey.  She is adorable!

how cute is this baby?!
Everyone walking :)

Unfortunately, I'm gonna end this on a sad note.  This has been heavy on my heart...My sister's (step)mother-in-law is very close to losing her battle against colon cancer.  She has fought very long and hard and done everything she could to overcome, but sometimes it's just time to go home to be with God.  Although she is not actually my family, I have always felt like my brother-in-law's family is my family too, because they started dating when I was young.  So I have been thinking about and praying for her often.

Please Lord, help ease JoAnn's pain and bring her home to you.  Please God, help the family to overcome this terrible tragedy that will result.  God, I know that she is ready for her next step, please help the family find comfort in knowing she will be where she is supposed to be, with you in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment