Saturday, April 6, 2013

car accident

Unfortunately Marky Mark got in a car accident yesterday with my car.  Luckily, he was perfectly fine!  But my car is another story...  :(  We won't know until Mon or Tues just how bad it is.  Most people that saw the pictures think it's totaled which is probably the case, so we will have some big decisions coming up on what to do about that.  He actually slid under the bumper of a truck that was in front of him.  The truck made a quick stop and the car wouldn't stop fast enough.
It also got me thinking about how fortunate we are that nothing was wrong with my hubby.  I don't know what I would have done had something happened to him.  It's crazy how things like that can make you very appreciative of the things you do have.  I love my family and would be devastated if anything bad happened.  A car can be replaced.  Although I will definitely miss my Camry...





5 comments:

  1. Those pictures paint a very bad picture in my head of what could have happened to your husband had he been going any faster. This goes to show that it's important to always be alert on the road. If he wasn't paying attention to the truck in front of him, this situation could have ended up worse. At the same time, it's also important for drivers to be mindful of others on the road and consider their actions behind the wheel carefully. Thanks for sharing, Kira!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I completely agree! That's why I am glad texting and driving is illegal in our state. It's super important for drivers to be as attentive as possible when driving. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Maggie's right! Those pictures ain't pretty! Your car is totaled, but I'm pretty sure he did minimal damage to that truck. Drivers should always keep their eyes on the road because accidents will not only cause property damage, it could cost you your life. Erminia Cavins

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting into an accident is one of those really scary things than can happen to anyone. But at least your husband is totally fine despite what happened to your car. We can't be careful enough so as not to get into any accidents, but as what was shown here, being attentive while on the road can make a lot of difference. So, how did you deal with the damage?
    Andrew @ Gendlin, Liverman & Rymer

    ReplyDelete