Monday, January 7, 2013

'Bloom' by Kelle Hampton


I just finished "Bloom" by Kelle Hampton yesterday.  This was pretty good book.  My sister had suggested it to me and I didn't want to read something that was too deep, so because of that I found this to be a little too deep for me.  I loved the story about Down Syndrome and I learned a lot about it from this book.  I really appreciated her explanations of her feelings, and she gave a good image of what she was going through and how it all felt.  At times, I found this to be a bit too repetitive and found myself skimming over parts.  I think part of it for me is I'm not a mom and I've never given birth so I don't completely get where she was coming from.  I LOVED the pictures in this book.  Kelle really is an amazing photographer.  I looked up her blog "Enjoying the Small Things" and loved looking at all her wonderful pictures of her beautiful girls and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment