Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our love for Toyotas...

We had found out awhile ago that unfortunately the Camry had been totaled.  The insurance company took FOREVER to let us know, which if you ask me was pretty shitty of them.  Anyways... we had to make a decision on what kind of car to get to replace the Camry.  After A LOT of talking about it, we finally decided that the Rav4 was the best fit for us. So here she is...



I haven't thought of a name for her yet.  But I am IN LOVE with her!  When we were looking at buying the Highlander, I kept mentioning the Rav4 but Mark shot me down.  This time he had no choice since the Camry was totaled, so we decided we are keeping the Rav4 and selling the Highlander.  Then we will either get another Camry or a Corolla for him to use for his side-jobs since we rarely use the second vehicle.  Much better for saving gas.
I'm also extremely relieved to have the car shopping done!  Man, that is a stressful time!  Luckily we met some really nice car salesmen (and one bad one) but it helped the experience go a bit more smoothly.  It took us about 4 days to finally get what we wanted, but in the grand scheme of things, that wasn't a whole lot of time. Plus, we got an amazing deal!  They kind of messed up by telling me one of the other Rav4's (which was in our price range) was 4 wheel drive, when it wasn't.  So they made it up to me by getting me one that was 2 years newer with 15,000 less miles for around the same price.  Score!
I have been having a blast driving her around.  I love that the trunk opens like a door.  They cleaned her up really nice at the dealership.  And an added bonus was when I went to put in a CD, there was already one in there.  They never took the previous owners CD out so I got myself a FREE Phillip Phillips CD.  Pretty good CD too!

No comments:

Post a Comment