Tuesday, November 19, 2013

walls and tile

So much progress is happening on the house right now!  We are getting down to the end, and there is so much happening all at once.  We have to move out of our rental in December so the house has to be done in time!

This week the walls and tile were all going at once.

The walls started with blue board and then they came in and plastered over it.  We decided on plaster because the guys we used charged less for plaster than for drywall.  (usually it is more to plaster)


blue board
plaster
For tile, I had picked it out awhile back and now all of the tile is installed on the floor and he started to work on the showers!  My favorite tile I picked was for the guest room and it looks really good.

before tile
my favorite!
I had to order the flooring for the rest of the house.  We are doing carpeting in the bedrooms and office, and wood floors for the great room, kitchen, dining room, entryway, and hallways.  It was SO hard to decide on which flooring to go with but here's what I picked...


The white and espresso cabinets are the colors we will be having in the kitchen.  The walls will have white cabinets, and the island will be espresso.  I picked a darker floor than what I originally wanted because I just thought it was SO pretty.  It is an engineered, hand-scraped hickory wood.  We chose this over real hardwoods because of the dogs. I can't wait to see what it all looks like together!

This week the cement is FINALLY going in!!  I can't wait until that is finished because that means we will have a garage and basement floor, and a front stoop.  It is going to be awesome because that means the furnace can be installed.  We will have HEAT people!!  Then the walls are being finished today which means that this weekend the painter can come in and get working.  As soon as he gets going, the cabinets can be installed in the kitchen, which means the counter-tops can be ordered.  So much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment