Tuesday, March 5, 2013

a car came flying through the front yard!

About a month ago we had a drunk driver drive through our front yard!  I didn't get a chance to write about it until now, since I got the day off of school.  Can't wait for school to be over!!  Anyways, more on the drunk driver...

We had just gotten home from puppy class and I still had a ton of homework to do, so I went upstairs to the office to get started.  About a minute after I sat down I heard the loudest BOOM ever!  I quickly looked out the window and there I see a car flying through the front yard.  All I could think was that Mark had parked his work truck in the street and someone must have hit it.  So I quickly made a run for it and yelled for Mark to call the police because I thought someone had hit his truck.  I get outside and the car (not Mark's truck) had actually stopped across the street in our neighbors front yard in a snow bank. 


sorry the pictures are pretty blurry cause I took them from inside the house
 I got outside and the kid who got in the accident was standing outside his car just staring at it.  Our neighbors had just gotten outside too.  I immediately told the kid to sit down because he could have been seriously hurt.  All of a sudden, our neighbors wife comes running outside with a fire extinguisher and starts yelling that the car is on fire!  We all got back from the car, and luckily my neighbor was able to put the fire out.  After all that craziness, I started looking around to see what happened and the kid mentioned he had slid on some ice.  I look into our yard and I see our tree that used to be to the side of our driveway was now laying in the middle of our driveway.  The WHOLE tree!  He took it out at the roots.  And this is also when I noticed that Mark had moved his truck into the driveway.  Thank god for that!  The police got there, and I helped them pick up some car parts, and then we just went inside until they came to talk to us. 



 Once they took the car away, and arrested the guy, we went out to assess the damage further.

 He was within maybe an inch of hitting both of our vehicles that were parked in the driveway!




 And our poor tree that is no more.  I sure hope the city plants a new one!
After all that, I just have to say that I'm happy that everyone is OK and that other then our poor tree, nothing else got damaged.  And that the guy got what he deserved...a DUI!

No comments:

Post a Comment