Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Arizona vacation- Day 2

On Saturday (Day 2), after a good night of sleep, I was of course up early because I was so excited to start the day.  We got off to a rough start though, because there was a time change and when we realized our phones and the cable box time hadn't changed we were extremely confused.  Gary had a flight back to WI that day so we really needed to know what time it was!  Haha!  We checked the internet and it said the time didn't change in Arizona, so as a last resort I called the airport just to be completely sure.  So jealous that the time doesn't actually change in Arizona.  Makes life so much easier.  Anyways, Gary was willing to go the airport early so we could get started on our day.  This was the day I was most excited about because my good friend Courtney that lives in Arizona was gonna spend the day with us at the zoo.

We hit up the Tanger Outlet mall after dropped Gary off at the airport, and waited for Court.  After eating lunch at the mall, we headed to the Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium.  I am obsessed with zoos, because I love animals.  I actually found the Aquarium part better than the actual zoo itself.  But either way we had a great time.  This place was HUGE so we spent a good 3 hours walking through the whole place.  Here are some pics...

me and Court by the flamingos

this was my favorite part!

They had little babies everywhere including these cuties

loved all the hands on action

nerds

lovebirds
After our amazing time at the zoo, we headed to dinner and had sushi!!  It wasn't as great as our favorite place back home but still good and different.  Then we went back to the rental and hung out with Court for a bit and tried to teach my husband how to play Sudoku.  That was a failure but fun all the same :)

2 comments:

  1. sushi is my favorite! how fun! I want to be in that warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was amazing while we were there, in the 80s. Now I just wish it would warm up in WI since it's supposed to be spring :)

      Delete