Saturday, March 16, 2013

Arizona Vacation- Day 1

We were up at about 3:30am to get ready and pack for vacation.  I'm not so great with packing ahead of time, and my husband was the same way.  Plus, grandma and Aunt Pat stayed at the house to watch the dogs while we were gone so we had little things around the house to finish up before we left.  At about 5:30am we left and headed to the airport because our flight left at 7:00am.
We definitely look tired in this pic, but also very excited!!  We arrived in Arizona at around 10:15am and Mark's mom and step dad picked us up.  We headed to lunch at Coco's because we were starving after our 4 hour flight.  Then we headed back to the rental to unpack a bit and hang out before heading to the spa.  We had massages scheduled for 1:30 and 3, so we took our swimsuits with so we could hang out in the hot tub while the other was in for their massage.  Kris came with to keep us company.  I got the therapeutic massage, because I always have a lot of knots.  When I came out, and was walking into the locker room, I could see Kris peeking her head out from around the corner.  I thought she was trying to scare me so I told her I could see her.  She came in and chatted with me for a bit and then said she would head to the hot tub so I could change.  When I opened up my locker, I immediately noticed a big red Kessler's jewelry box in my shoe!  I always bring one with on vacation to keep my jewelry in but was very confused as to how it got in there.  I opened it up and there was a gorgeous ring inside!!
I had mentioned to Mark how I wanted a right hand ring someday.  Well he listened!!  Kris had been standing around the corner trying to get pictures of me finding it. :)  So cute!

After all that excitement, we headed to the hot tub to hang out, and then after that read magazines in the meditation room while we waited for Mark.  After the spa, we headed to dinner at BJ's.  It's a cool brewery kinda place.  Anyways, me and Kris had the tuna salad, which was really good, and Mark got the Mahi Mahi.  Everyone (minus me) had to try the different beers.  And then after that long and exciting day, we headed back to the rental to go to bed (super early!).

No comments:

Post a Comment